A dental bridge is a form of restorative and cosmetic dentistry that works to replace one or more missing teeth in a row. They use several dental crowns stuck to each other to replace missing teeth and use the neighboring teeth on each side of the gap as anchors. At Terra Dental Care, we are happy to provide dental bridges in Downtown Calgary. Read on to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of this dental treatment.
How Are Dental Bridges Placed?
A dental procedure typically takes two hour and a half long appointments with our dentist in Downtown Calgary. Our dentist will evaluate your teeth and reshape them during these appointments to make space for the dental bridge. They will then take impressions of your teeth to send to a laboratory where your custom bridge will be made.
When your bridge is ready to be placed, you will return to the dental office, and our dentist will place the bridge in your mouth, making any necessary adjustments to ensure that it fits perfectly within your smile.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Bridges?
There are many advantages to choosing dental bridges near you, such as:
- Functional benefits: Dental bridges allow you to eat and chew normally because you no longer have gaps in your teeth. Additionally, they allow you to speak and articulate with ease.
- Appearance benefits: Getting a dental bridge to replace front teeth, in particular, can significantly improve your appearance and boost your confidence. Our dentist near you can customize your bridge to blend in seamlessly with your surrounding natural teeth, so no one will be able to tell that you have a restoration.
- Structural benefits: A dental bridge also works to support your facial muscles and prevent your remaining teeth from shifting out of alignment.
- Financial benefits: dental bridges are a cheaper restoration option, and if you require replacement for missing teeth on a budget, these are a great option for you.
- Comfort benefits: Since dental bridges are minimally-invasive, the recovery from the procedure is often very quick and comes with little discomfort.
- Maintenance benefits: Dental bridges are very easy to maintain and don’t require any special care past a good oral hygiene routine of brushing and flossing. It would be best if you also visited a dentist once every few months for a checkup and cleaning.
What Are the Cons of Dental Bridges?
Most patients are very happy with their dental bridge, but like all medical treatments, they can come with some disadvantages.
It is important that the natural teeth on each side of the bridge are strong and healthy enough to support the restoration. If they are not, they could break and cause the bridge to collapse. Additionally, a poorly-fitted dental bridge can contribute to the buildup of plaque and tartar on your natural teeth, leading to decay.
Visit Terra Dental Care
If you are missing teeth and looking for an effective and natural-looking replacement, don’t hesitate to contact our dedicated team of dental professionals at Terra Dental Care. We are happy to provide you with high-quality dental bridges to help you maintain excellent oral health for years to come. We can’t wait to help you begin your smile transformation journey!